Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Greetings from Arabia

Friday, October 1, 2010
I am an American glider pilot working as the engineering director of a marine outfitting company that builds interiors in Dubai and then transports them to superyachts being built in shipyards around the world.  I live in a studio flat near the Khor Dubai ("The Creek") in Al Garhoud.  I work daily with Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, Philippinos, Indians, and Sri Lankans.  As of now, I am the only American in my company.

After living in the Emirates for one-and-a-half years and sharing my photojournals with you, I have been asked to pass on my experiences, reactions, and thoughts about my life as an ex-patriot.  A book did not seem appropriate because my experiences are on-going.  Sharing a daily journal can be tedious and dull.  I am not quite hip enough for a Facebook page.  I have decided to document my stories through this Web log.  I hope that you will enjoy visiting from time-to-time and sharing your comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment